which exhaust?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dave
New ITRCA Member

which exhaust?

Post by Dave »

apexi N1 or comptech pro?? pros/cons?
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

Well, I can help you out with both. My itr had the comptech on it, and my wife's ls has the n1 on it. I like them both, and you get about the same hp gain. The N1 is peakeier and has higher hp in high rpm, were the comptech has a broad power band. The comptech sounded nice, didn't buzz, wasn't to loud, but sounded mean when full throttle. The N1 is loud as hell. Has that import buzz to it, but looks cool with the slanted tip. The comptech is fairly low key and is almost a chromed stock look. Hope this helps. Me personally, I would get hytech if I had a second chance. Out of the two I would get comptech because of the broder powerband, although you don't notice to much gain from a cat-back on an ITR. :)
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
Dave
New ITRCA Member

Thanx

Post by Dave »

My problem is, that in switzerland the law is very strict referring to the tuned cars :? So probably I purchase the comptech, it isnt very loud and not so obvious for the f... cops!!