need help on what good short shifter to buy?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
midwestR
New ITRCA Member

need help on what good short shifter to buy?

Post by midwestR »

need some help itr peeps on the short shifter i was thinking of going with B&M shifter but don't know so help me racer..........
Last edited by midwestR on September 5th, 2006, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

I personally feel that the ITR shifter is great. If anything in my car, I'm going to get a taller one.

Now to your question, I had a B&M in my 96 GS-R. I loved every minute of it. But knowing how much easier it is to mis-shift, I woulnd't gamble that in the R. Either way, seems like you've made up your mind and all I can comment on is that the B&M one I had was great. HTH.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

I actually got a cheap eBay one for free, I tried it on with some ES Bushings, and its fine. I like it better then the stock shifter. Only bad thing about it is that it gets hott from the b-pipe.
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

Yoshimitshu
New ITRCA Member

Post by Yoshimitshu »

i would be wayyyyy to scared to get a short shifter....as Dave said im happy with the R shifter as is...dont wanna mis-shift
midwestR
New ITRCA Member

Post by midwestR »

but my car the shifter seems kind of long ..... a type r short shifter suppose to be short rite like almost like a aftermarket rite ....but mines look like a regular integra shifter ......
because i dont know what a type r short shifter look like ...do u guys have any pic or show me a pic just to make sure it is a type R shifter so i dont have to buy one ......
Lazarus
New ITRCA Member

Post by Lazarus »

I think B&M for the Honda/Acura lines are good shifters but for the Sentra and I think the Lancer or the Focus (cant remember which one) their shifters have the tendency to mess up the shifter cable/linkage.
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V
2005 Acura MDX
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

I also feel that the ITR shifter is perfect.
Johnny T
New ITRCA Member

Post by Johnny T »

OE is excellent. I love my skunk 2 shifter and knob combo. I had the cheap B&M one and sent it back(rattle)
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Johnny T wrote:OE is excellent. I love my skunk 2 shifter and knob combo. I had the cheap B&M one and sent it back(rattle)
x2 IMO its the best!!!
knowledge
ITRCA Member

Post by knowledge »

Well I been had a SK2 short throw, but have yet to install it after multiple years. I did originally when I got it, but it rubbed the stock exhaust. Since then I haven't tried again, even after upgrading my exhaust.

I have no problems with the OE shifter.
2000 ITR #00-0124

Old crappy Civic- $300
Nitrous kit- $500
Blowing your motor when attempting to run a Type-R- PRICELESS!!!
Lazarus
New ITRCA Member

Post by Lazarus »

I dont know if I would change the shifter on the ITR but Skunk2 and DC Sports both make good short shifters for Integras.
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V
2005 Acura MDX