Tradin in my celica gt for a type r or a gs-r.. i have some

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
AcuraRacing22
New ITRCA Member

Tradin in my celica gt for a type r or a gs-r.. i have some

Post by AcuraRacing22 »

I am goin to sell my celica becuase of the insurance is crazy payments. I need a idea of how much insurance will be for a type r or a gs-r both 98-99.I am 16 if that matters at all
SagaTypeR
New ITRCA Member

Re: Tradin in my celica gt for a type r or a gs-r.. i have s

Post by SagaTypeR »

AcuraRacing22 wrote:I am goin to sell my celica becuase of the insurance is crazy payments. I need a idea of how much insurance will be for a type r or a gs-r both 98-99.I am 16 if that matters at all
Insurance will still be crazy with any sports car at your age :shock:
Marvin - jus wanna be a JDM WhOrE!

CW '98 ITR #829
Dr Who
New ITRCA Member

Post by Dr Who »

insurance on a type r at 16 is unreal, and my gs-r payments arent cheap either. if you want to get cheaper insurance, get an ls and do ls/vtec, or get a hatchback (hella cheap) and drop in a new engine. being a teen sucks :lol:
AcuraRacing22
New ITRCA Member

insurance

Post by AcuraRacing22 »

What kind of hatchback should i look at a civic hatchback or no. plz tell me
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

A regular 'ol Integra LS would be a fine car to have, as would a Civic Hatchback. Basically same chassis, tho the Integra is somewhat nicer, being the Acura version. Though I'm not sure, a 4 door Integra may be much more insurance-friendly and is just as much fun to drive, tho admittedly is not as cool looking as the hatch. Good luck, kid
Dr Who
New ITRCA Member

Post by Dr Who »

i would say your cheapest insurance would be on a civic hatch. hatches are sweet as hell.
Airbag
New ITRCA Member

Post by Airbag »

Dude just buy a simple car that won't get you speeding tickets. get a minivan and then when you turn 18-21 buy the new type r
moose6x3
New ITRCA Member

Post by moose6x3 »

Im 17 and i just got my 2000 type r. The insurance agent told me that insurance for me under the type r was too ridiculus to pay. My mom is under the type r and its real cheap.. you should look into that.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

I'm 22 and my insurance payments in South FL are almost 370 a month. And to make things worse, I have a spotless driving record, no tix and no accidents. It just so happens the ITR is the number one most stollen import in the state of FL, so it's tough to insure, not to mention it's an expensive little car (24K sticker).

If you can, get your parents to insure it, but chances are, it's worse than your celica. The civic hatch on the other hand is a different story. A 92-95 EG hatch, which is a really easy swap(3 hours in your driveway), is really cheap on insurance, under a hundred bucks a month if I recall correctly...

Either way, good luck,
Aj
ITR1340
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR1340 »

Besides insurance look at the other issue. If you get a type R at 16, what do you have to look forward to when you get older.
quikRthanU
New ITRCA Member

Post by quikRthanU »

ITR1340 wrote:Besides insurance look at the other issue. If you get a type R at 16, what do you have to look forward to when you get older.
Z06 vette!
88 5.0 stanger
ill eat you all alive, and sound better
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Type R insurance is the highest I've ever seen on a non-turbo 4 cylinder car. I used to pay $182 a month full coverage on a similarly priced 2001 Eclipse GT (was raised to $204 eight months later because my demographic [16-24 yr old males] got into more accidents :x ) and when I traded her in for the ITR, my insurance went up to $243 =\
Utilitarian
ITRCA Member

Post by Utilitarian »

It will most likely go up. Here's a few cars that are less expensive to insure than a 2000 Type R: 2003 WRX, 350 Z!, and 2003 IS 300. My insurance agent told me that the car's rate is determined by the number of accidents the particular model averages yearly.
2003 BMW //M3 Carbon Black #78 TIR Class
2003 Lexus IS300 Black Onyx 5MT LSD

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
01ITR#158
New ITRCA Member

Post by 01ITR#158 »

I live in SC and i only pay 125 a month on my 2001 ITR. I am 22 and have a perfect driving record.....i go through farm bureau insurance....before i found this company i was getting quoted for 250 and up per month.. It just takes a little lookin around!
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Post by 40calpal »

Hey i live in Harris County (one of the highest insurance rates) in Houston and the insurance on my 00' R is $388 a month for full coverage, and that was with my clean driving record. A couple months ago i got a ticket in my LS going 92 in a 55 (I was late for church) so i dread to see my increase when the insurance company finds out :(

Good Luck search around, try to find the best rate
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

you better tell your insurance you got the ticket, cause if they bill you without seeing it nd you have an accident they can refuse to insure you man cuz you ommited telling them about your ticket that would haved raised your insurance price :(
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
fgfournet
New ITRCA Member

Post by fgfournet »

You can go to court and plea some "article" (I think it's 895 in La) where it won't go on your record if you don't get any more tickets for 3 months. You can use it once every 3 years.
ChampionshipR
New ITRCA Member

Post by ChampionshipR »

Insurance on my Type R is insane as well i have a clean record and am paying 270 a month for full coverage, its a 98 whice doesnt even help being that it is a little older then a 2000 or 01 Type R. Soon enough though i will be turning 21 and it will drop somewhat so thats great, but yeah gettin an ls and doin an enigine would be a great idea. Plus you coudl do a turbo or something of that sort whice is kinda tricky on a type R
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

fgfournet wrote:You can go to court and plea some "article" (I think it's 895 in La) where it won't go on your record if you don't get any more tickets for 3 months. You can use it once every 3 years.
It's called "Deferred Adjudication" and I use it all the time whether I qualify for it or not (thanks to a lawyer :D ).
ITR862
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR862 »

I am 22 and have LOTS of tickets and mine is only about 275 a month. The only reason why it is so cheap is because I am on my grandparents insurance along with my grandparents, me, my brother, and an uncle so we get a group discount. I priced it for myself and with a $1000 deductible it was going to be $2,800 for 6 months. I said forget that and stayed on my grandparents insurance.