Should I buy this '00 ITR or not?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Revvin'4ever
New ITRCA Member

Should I buy this '00 ITR or not?

Post by Revvin'4ever »

What's up folks, gotta quick question here and I hope this is the right forum to post this in... Been browsing around this site for awhile now and have enjoyed reading and learning more about the ITR's... I've owned two S2000's before and unfortunately just recently totaled my last one :cry:
Anyways, I'm currently looking at a 2000 FBP ITR at a local, private Honda/Acura dealership with 25,xxx miles on the clock... I've test drove it a few times, looked it over real well, and have always wanted an ITR... Car seems to be in excellent shape, the seats and interior are flawless, and overall everything is a-okay... Problem is that it is a salvage title car :cry:

Now the guy was straight up with me for the most part about it being salvaged... I checked on Carfax about the car and it indeed had a bad title, only difference is, from what the guy told me, it lists a different city as to where the damage happened and the car was issued salvaged... Don't know if that matters or if the guy doesn't really know how bad a wreck it was in... Anyway, he's asking $17,000 for the car... Should I go for it... Thanks...
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

so it has a "rebuilt" title? If the title is legal and the car is in good shape then I wouldn't have a problem buying a rebuilt car if the price were right. $17,000 is way too much (to me) for a car without a clean title though. I'd have to know the exact details of what happened and was done to it before buying. I'm sure if you were to get it you would eventually find some things that weren't quite right, but you can find most things before actually buying it.

What really matters though is whether or not you would be happy with the car. There are alot of clean titled cars for sale for much more reasonable prices than that though.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Revvin'4ever
New ITRCA Member

Post by Revvin'4ever »

Well the Carfax says "salvage/junk/rebuilt title"is confirmed and there's NO 'buy back' gurantee with this VIN...

I thought of offering him $15,500 for it maybe? I see your point and agree with you about better deals on this site, but don't have the cash on hand to make an offer to a private seller... I'm approved already at two different finance companies, but none allow for a private sale...
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Salvage title 00 ITR for $17,ooo, No way in hell.
Sorry to be so strong worded but the car is no where near that in price. Maybe at 12,ooo I would consider but probably would pass.

Think of it this way...

You would be buying a 7 year old car for $17,ooo. Insuring it might be a PIA. The value of the car will plummet the second you take possession of it, and if you need or want to sell the car in the future I bet you will have a hard time getting anything over $12,ooo for it.
The reason a dealer can sell so high is because there are "suckers" born everyday that will pay the amount shown on a piece of paper attached to the item.
Again, sorry if my words are harsh, but I can't stand people getting ripped off.
Stay away from salvaged titled cars unless you pay dirt cheap and plan on driving into the ground.

Have you searched the classifieds here for a reasonable priced R ?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Wait a min...

I see that you would be finacing this car?
so $17,000 + your APR = banged out to the max. Please forget this car.

Wait a little bit longer and save more money to buy outright from a private owner, preferably the orginal owner.
Revvin'4ever
New ITRCA Member

Post by Revvin'4ever »

Hey cool, no I appreciate the harsh words and honesty... That's exactly why I registered and posted here...

I've been looking around on autotrader.com and the likes and I've seen a few that have sparked my interest and that I have made contact with... The car I'm talking about here is local and I've actually driven and seen it firsthand...

I know that $17,000 is too much for this particular ITR, but they're extremely more rare around these parts and I'm trying not to get caught up in its exclusiveness I guess... :lol:
TypeR1461
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR1461 »

Revvin'4ever wrote:Hey cool, no I appreciate the harsh words and honesty... That's exactly why I registered and posted here...

I've been looking around on autotrader.com and the likes and I've seen a few that have sparked my interest and that I have made contact with... The car I'm talking about here is local and I've actually driven and seen it firsthand...

I know that $17,000 is too much for this particular ITR, but they're extremely more rare around these parts and I'm trying not to get caught up in its exclusiveness I guess... :lol:
Just wait man 17k is alot for a non clean title.

-Geo
Revvin'4ever
New ITRCA Member

Post by Revvin'4ever »

Yeah, the more I think about the deal, the less I want to pursue it simply b/c of the resale value down the road... Although if you didn't know it was salvaged upfront, I'm telling you, you'd NEVER be able to tell... It seems to have been put back together real well... Interior is extemely clean and still smells new... I've had salvaged vehicles in the past and I could tell the replaced areas on them... Not this one though :(

Oh well, I'll try and find some more patience... :?
IBriaIN
New ITRCA Member

Post by IBriaIN »

Revvin'4ever
New ITRCA Member

Post by Revvin'4ever »

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... rdist=2067

Thanks a lot man :) ... Actually these two were the ones I have contacted recently by phone and was waiting on the pics from the dealer... Im meeting the guy this Saturday about these two... carfax on both of these are CLEAN... 8) Hopefully I can land one of the two soon...
Mr. Burns
New ITRCA Member

17 wat?

Post by Mr. Burns »

real talk, that car 10k maxxxxxxxxx!!!!! some kid on ebay got a white '98 salvaged titel for 5k
get@urboy,
Mr. Burns
Mystic363
ITRCA Member

Post by Mystic363 »

Stay away from any salvage title. You will end up getting boned in the end.

Mystic363 (Neil)
Revvin'4ever
New ITRCA Member

Post by Revvin'4ever »

Yeeeep, I believe you guys are correct about this one... I've had a salvage title car in the past and do not wanna go down that road again I don't think...

It'll be worthwhile to spend a lil extra $$$ perhaps on a good clean titled caR, esp. one like this...

Thanks for the replies and insight... :)