New ITRCA Member

WTB: hondata s300

Post by NEVENCE7 »

im looking for hondata s300 plug and go ready ecu for 2001
Dave_B

Re: WTB: hondata s300

Post by Dave_B »

NEVENCE7 wrote:im looking for hondata s300 plug and go ready ecu for 2001
Won't work for your stock ECU. You will still need a P28 or P06 (or other similar non vtec ecu's)
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
NEVENCE7
New ITRCA Member

Post by NEVENCE7 »

Dave_B wrote:
Won't work for your stock ECU. You will still need a P28 or P06 (or other similar non vtec ecu's)
wats non vtec??? so wassup you got anything for me???
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

NEVENCE7 wrote:
Dave_B wrote:

Non vtec... as in a car with no vtec motor?

Such as a 92 Civic SOHC non-vtec.

The hondata systems require you to use a Non-vtec ecu for them to work.

I have the S300 and S200, no neither are for sale. Just wanted to give you that info since you said for your 2001 ecu.

NEVENCE7
New ITRCA Member

Post by NEVENCE7 »

Dave_B wrote:
NEVENCE7 wrote:
Dave_B wrote:

Non vtec... as in a car with no vtec motor?

Such as a 92 Civic SOHC non-vtec.

The hondata systems require you to use a Non-vtec ecu for them to work.

I have the S300 and S200, no neither are for sale. Just wanted to give you that info since you said for your 2001 ecu.
ah not for sale that suxxx....j/k yea that too much thing to do....how about i get AEM system...will that work just the same and i know i will end up with a piggyback system......

p.s. didnt you mention that you got an extra ecu laying around???
ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER
Midwest Director

Post by ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER »

Dave_B wrote:
P28 ecu's are VTEC. They came out of 92-95 civic ex's (VTEC motor).
The P06 is the non vtec ecu out of same year model civic's.
And Hondata does not require you to use a non vtec ECU. If you have a vtec motor, you need a vtec ecu (or a P06 ecu with added vtec components).

To the OP:
If you are seriously looking for an S300 and ecu, you can buy one from me. I don't have one on hand, but can order it and chip / install the S300 into a P06 ecu and add the VTEC components on. I do have a couple spare P06 ecu's on hand. I can also test it to make sure it works before sending it out to you. You will need an OBD2b to OBD1 conversion harness which can be had for about $70. If you are serious, let me know.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER wrote: P28 ecu's are VTEC. They came out of 92-95 civic ex's (VTEC motor).
The P06 is the non vtec ecu out of same year model civic's.
And Hondata does not require you to use a non vtec ECU. If you have a vtec motor, you need a vtec ecu (or a P06 ecu with added vtec components).

To the OP:
If you are seriously looking for an S300 and ecu, you can buy one from me. I don't have one on hand, but can order it and chip / install the S300 into a P06 ecu and add the VTEC components on. I do have a couple spare P06 ecu's on hand. I can also test it to make sure it works before sending it out to you. You will need an OBD2b to OBD1 conversion harness which can be had for about $70. If you are serious, let me know.
I always understood it to be a NON-Vtec ecu with the Hondata Vtec components added? Hrm. That works too I suppose!

And to the OP, yes I have a spare 00 ITR ECU

ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER
Midwest Director

The S300, as well as any Hondata system will run on either the P06 or P28 ecu (as well as several others).
Many people use the P72 ecu from the gsr's so that the knock sensor can still be used (and a gsr obviouslly has vtec).
The P06 operates exactly like a P28 when it is chipped and has the vtec components added.

Yea, every Hondata ecu I have seen is a modified P06. But remember, Hondata is in business to make money. P06 ecu's are the cheapest to come by, and by adding a couple dollars worth of parts, the profit margin from using the P06 instead of the P28 is much greater. This is just my opinion, but all the Hondata modified ecu's I have seen have the stickers removed so you don't know that it is not a true P28 like it is advertised to be.
UrbanRacer
ITRCA Member

Post by UrbanRacer »

Minty but used Hondata S300 for sale .. $550 completeee as can be
ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER
Midwest Director

UrbanRacer wrote:Minty but used Hondata S300 for sale .. $550 completeee as can be
is this price with a vtec ecu and installed?