new member; all motor help

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
jdmsiR
New ITRCA Member

new member; all motor help

Post by jdmsiR »

hey guys hows it going. well my names marc and i just registered here. i recently got my 99' ebp si and started doing stuff to it. i got a jdm b18cR installed by topsetup with a dc sports header, tanabe super medallion exhaust, cheap intake and thats basically it engine wise. now im trying to go passed 200 whp so im wondering what i would need done. my plans are to get twm itbs, some good cams (help me), head built, and an aem ems. i would have the guys at topsetup tune the car. also get a hytech header. heres some pics of the car. if anyone could help me out id appreciate it, im new to the honda scene...

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

If you want to hit 200 WHP on these cars you have several routes to go.

Myself, my track car is at 192 WHP with just Mugen intake, SMSP header, SMPS race exhaust, Mugen headgasket and Hondata IM gasket.

Tuned on Hondata S300.

What I would suggest to you is figure out a budget first, as this determines all things.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

See above and... One stop shopping!
Meybe Toda valvetrain, but go with the Hondata S300.
BlackSI06
New ITRCA Member

Post by BlackSI06 »

Im pretty sure you will pass 200 whp with aem ems, hytech header,cai, exhaust, cams valve springs and retainers. With a good tune i believe you should exceed 200 easy.
ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER
Midwest Director

Post by ITR 1102 / MOVE OVER »

BlackSI06 wrote:Im pretty sure you will pass 200 whp with aem ems, hytech header,cai, exhaust, cams valve springs and retainers. With a good tune i believe you should exceed 200 easy.
That is a little too vague. "Cams valve springs and retainers".... There are several different cams that you could go with, some being a slight improvement all the way up to being too aggressive for daily driving.
AEM EMS; I don't think that either Hondata, Crome, AEM EMS, or Apexi Power FC is any better than the other. Just depending on how familiar you are with the programs. I have my favorite programs, but it won't extract any more power out of the motor than the others.