Which is the best setup?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
stayonpause
New ITRCA Member

Which is the best setup?

Post by stayonpause »

Hey

I own a 2000 ITR and recently did a compression test on my car. It looks like I will need a rebuild. But not sure if its best to rebuild the ITR block and throw on a oversize piston or go with a B20 block with the ITR head?

I was reading through other forums and they said its better to do LS and bore that out to a 84mm and resleeve it.

What are your thoughts?
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: Which is the best setup?

Post by get RIGHT »

If it where me, I'd keep it stock just for ease of maint. and reliability reasons.
SamTEC
New ITRCA Member

Post by SamTEC »

A B20 block on your type R head produces great NA power indeed, because it is displacement up. If it were me I would keep the B18C5 block and get .25mm JDM ITR oversize pistons.
My friend has a fully built LS/Vtec (he has a gsr head so it might differ) which makes 198 whp, which is not fast for how much money he dumped into it because our Type R motors can make 190 whp with stock internals. Honestly I think that LS/Vtec is overrated and a waste of money. Keep the Type R a Type R! :D
Driven by passion.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Stock motor... P30 pistons and some cams. That is presuming I/H/E.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.