fuel pressure regulator

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
itrekcivic
New ITRCA Member

fuel pressure regulator

Post by itrekcivic »

What is the point of all these guys using adjustable fuel pressure regulators? Is there any performance aspect other than keeping a constant pressure? i cant figure out why all these people are running them on basically stock engines?
Dave_B

Re: fuel pressure regulator

Post by Dave_B »

itrekcivic wrote:What is the point of all these guys using adjustable fuel pressure regulators? Is there any performance aspect other than keeping a constant pressure? i cant figure out why all these people are running them on basically stock engines?

Stock engines... no point.

Mod'd engines it's a great tuning piece to dial in exactly what pressure you need with "XYZ" injectors on "ABC" duty cycles.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
itrekcivic
New ITRCA Member

Post by itrekcivic »

So they are all just wasting their money? It only helps with aftermarket injectors? what self tuning is it good for?
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

itrekcivic wrote:So they are all just wasting their money? It only helps with aftermarket injectors? what self tuning is it good for?
Let me try to put this another way.

It's a tuning device more than a "performance mod" Most midly built NA cars don't even need the fuel pressure changed, however on boosted cars, and some more wild NA builds, you might want you add more fuel in the mix, and this is part of the way you can do it (along with a higher flow fuel pump and larger injectors)
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.