rim paint

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
850type-r
New ITRCA Member

rim paint

Post by 850type-r »

Ok so heres the thing I just got a new pair of rota slips, because i was tired of looking at my chipping stock R rims cause the guy befor me that owned it was a dumb ass. Anyways good news they are already off the car and sand blasted :D but my next problem is i know iam gonna re-spray them back to champ white but i wanna also paint the lip red. Its not too big and i think it will look just right. I wanna know what other people think because one its a show car and two i can never make up my mind. I was wondering too if this has been done?
when life gives you lemons... well you have a shi**y life
coolhandluke
401R

Re: rim paint

Post by coolhandluke »

Red lip has been popular the past few years. Volk released a Black with red lip Time Attack series about three years ago that rippled through Gram Light/Konig/Rota wheels. About a year ago, their Honda Series of white with Red Lip rippled through the product market. I hope this answer's your question or whether or not it has been done before.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
850type-r
New ITRCA Member

Post by 850type-r »

I know it has been done befor i am saying on the stock ITR rims
when life gives you lemons... well you have a shi**y life
drewboy75
New ITRCA Member

Post by drewboy75 »

Highly questionable. The lip is so small and it's likely to get worked over when they mount the tires. I think I'd skip it and just go straight white. Then again you could always paint it with an acrylic at home to test it out.