Shifter bushings?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Shifter bushings?

Post by kabob »

The only thing I don't like about driving the ITR is the soft, almost mushy shifting =\ Anyways, does Energy Suspension make shifter bushings so I can firm up the shifter feel? Or any other brand? I've heard Neuspeed makes bushings universally for the DC2. Anybody use those? BTW, I'm not looking for a short shifter, the stock shifter is plenty short enough :)

Peace, Shihab
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

Spoon or Mugen bushings are also quality items.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

It's okay, I looked on ES' website and they had it as part of the Master Bushing Set. Even luckier, I found a few vendors on eBay that were selling them seperately for cheap :)
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

I bought the shifter bushings for under $10 at http://www.suspension.com

Not that easy to install although it is very straight foward. Just takes some thumb power!
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I used ES bushings. Bought the kit for $12 from Summitt
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

I got the energy suspension bushings, but honestly, maybe you guys noticed something I didn't, but it really didn't make squat for difference???

Later,
Aj
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Aj wrote:I got the energy suspension bushings, but honestly, maybe you guys noticed something I didn't, but it really didn't make squat for difference???

Later,
Aj
I think it made a huge difference. Gives it a solid fell in the shift vs a smoft mushy feel.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

I guess maybe it's becuase I did it when the factory bushings were pretty new when I first got the car, but I really didn't notice much of a difference. Then again, I also really don't bang gears hard when I shift either, so maybe thats it....Well, either way, for the I think $8, it's kinda a non-issue at this point any way.

Later guys,
Aj
phoenixR
New ITRCA Member

Post by phoenixR »

I use the B&M stablizer bushing kit, it feels completely different then stock. i believe they use aluminum, or maybe stainless steel bushings, i dont remember, but i have had it in for about a year and i def. like it better then stock. if your not looking for a soft shift, i would recommend this setup, however it may cost a little bit more then like energy suspension though. good luck
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

The B&M stabilizer bushing is also urethane just like all the others, the only thing B&M does that's alluminum is their short shifter, which comes with an alluminum shifter and casing.

Later,
Aj
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Yeah, you don't want any kind of bushing to be made out of a metal ;)
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

B2FiNiTY, thanks for the link! I ordered a set of the ES shifter bushings from http://www.suspension.com for $8 + like $6 shipping and handling :)
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

what is installation like on the energy suspension bushings?
TYPE R
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Well unless one of the guys here that have installed it already can tell you, I'll let you know when I take apart my center and floor consoles and tackle this job :)
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

It's actually really really simple, just takes a little forearm strength, but all in all, it's only three bolts.

Later,
Aj
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Aj wrote:The B&M stabilizer bushing is also urethane just like all the others, the only thing B&M does that's alluminum is their short shifter, which comes with an alluminum shifter and casing.

Later,
Aj
B&M did make a shifter piece that went on at the tranny side I believe and made shifter positin adjustable. It was made from a luminum and called a stabilizer. I have not seen one in a while though. They were pretty harsh from what I heard.

Trey
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

That's kool, i think I actually know what you're talking about, but they had a lot of problems, as it significantly changed the geometry of the linkage to where adjusted in certain ways it wouldn't allow the car to go into certain gears, and I think that's why you don't see them any more, I think they were discontinued....

Good call though,
Aj