HID flicker help

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Rey01ITR
New ITRCA Member

HID flicker help

Post by Rey01ITR »

Just wondering if i need a relay and fuse for it to install. It shows on the instruction manual that it should plug into the relay, to a fuse, then to the terminals. Well I bought it off someone here and it jus has the Box, the bulb, and the connecter to the light connectors. Perhaps i would need to take pictures if its needed. It seems pretty simple jus didnt know if it needs to be connected to the battery. Any help appreciated plz no burn. Jus want it done right ^_^b
Last edited by Rey01ITR on October 21st, 2009, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoRizon ChaSer
New ITRCA Member

Re: 8000k HID instal help

Post by HoRizon ChaSer »

don't know much about installing HID but found a site here, might be helpful. good luck

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video ... it-179893/
Rey01ITR
New ITRCA Member

Re: 8000k HID instal help

Post by Rey01ITR »

Thats a great video which ive seen before however there was no relay or power and common terminals that connect to the battery which it shows in the video. The person who sold it to me said that it did not come with it.
However i ran into another problem all together. I installed them and one works and the other doesnt. I was wondering if it was the connection b/c it was old and broken so i fixed it and still no luck. What happens is that i turn them on and the left light flickers and then off. I turned them on and off back and forth a few times and then it stayed on. I was thinking it may have been the bulb was on its way out so i switched them to check. Again the left side did not work. Flicker then off. I even checked to see if it was drawing too much power so i unistalled the other ballast and jus tryed the left side and still same. Now i cant even get it to stay on. I am thinking it may be the ballast but not sure. Any help appreciated.
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: HID flicker help

Post by get RIGHT »

I had the same flicker problem with a plug n play HID kit a few years ago. I couldnt figure it out and niether could the manufactuer of the lights. They gave me all kinds of excuses that didnt work. I ended up tossing them out. :P GL.
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

You need a power harness, that has a relay, and will attach to the battery terminal. The issue you are running into is that factory lights run on 55watts, and the HID's run 35watts after the balast. The balast needs a constant signal, otherwise it will flicker, or only one will turn on and the other one won't. I have had mine for 6 months and have worked like oem since installing. I may be able to get you a harness if needed, pm me.
former owner 2001 #41, miss her and will own one again.
Rey01ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Rey01ITR »

So... its funny anytime i get lost i ask for help and post on here. However immediately after i search online and figure out what the problem was. Now i may not be 100% on this but i think its the ballast. I figure this because when i switched the ballast to the other side it didnt even work. However the "good" ballast worked fine on the opposite side i originally mounted it on. SO i did order another ballast and I will post if all works fine afterwards. The HID's are VVME and have heard they are cheapos and have alot of problems. I assume they will flicker when i get them to run so if that happens i would probably ask Nannerb46 about the harness.