Nice article from Sports Cars Forum

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
MINTY FRESH
New ITRCA Member

Nice article from Sports Cars Forum

Post by MINTY FRESH »

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

Over the lunch hour I came across the following article. Other than the 0-60 times seeming longer then they should, I throughly enjoyed the read.

http://sportscarforums.com/showthread.php?p=950597

The gist of the story is that they pit a 1998 Acura Integra Type R against a 2010 Honda Civic
Si. Guess who wins and why?

MINTY
scot901sc
New ITRCA Member

Re: Nice article from Sports Cars Forum

Post by scot901sc »

Thanks for finding and posting that great article! I printed it out and put it in my Type R folder to read again in the future.
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

That was a great article :!:
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Cunha
New ITRCA Member

Post by Cunha »

I don't like how they talk about the type R as if it is some insanely ancient machine. Sitting in one does not feel antiquated at all especially ones that are in good condition. They also talk about the car as if there are no good ones out there, however many of them were bought by enthusiasts like the folks in this forum and are extremely well taken care of.

A good deal of them were hammered or stolen but you would have better luck finding a perfect type R than a perfect 92-95 civic hatch just because there are a lot of them that were never used as daily driver beaters.

It's still nice to read about the type R being great though.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

I'll be honest, being a former 06 si owner I really appreciated this article when ITRsteezy posted it on a local forum several weeks back. The times are extremely biased and are a horrible representation of the 06 si as it's much more capable than what they chose to post.

With that said, this article really turned me on (ask my wife, easily done) to Type R's and what they're still capable of. I did get passed a few times @ CMP by one which had a minimum of 50 less whp than my 06 si did so I know they're very capable. This article just made them out to be uber cool which I CAN agree with, hence the purchase of one coming shortly.

So, if anyone ever asks what's the point of an article like this, welllll you could say I joined the ITR because of it :)
-Eric
Rey01ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Rey01ITR »

I enjoyed the article alot mainly because you get someones interpretation of their experience. I read some of the comments underneath and I think people really get the wrong idea of R's IMO. They kept trying to define what it was that made the R a classic when instead its less about numbers then about how it makes your heart pump. Similar to how i cant talk about AWD subies and evos when ive never had the pleasure to own one. I have a friend with a 09 si and of course he thinks it would walk all over my R but who am I to crush his dream. Plus he likes to talk alot xD. The article does bother me in the sense that it just makes a R owner the enemy yet again after being perpetuated by the years of douche bag shenanigans and attitudes. The thing that enters my mind the most is, god they jus raffled that type r to someone working for acura. LUCKIEST GUY EVER. imagine how well maintained that car is even thought those 50k+ miles were track oriented. Aside from the realtime R's, that R is priceless because of its history.
tartje
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by tartje »

After reading that whole thread, there are an awful lot of people on that forum that really don't know what the FUCK they are talking about. Yea, the Type-R is just a GS-R with a bit more horsepower, slightly different suspension and a nicer interior. Dumbarses.
cheezthis:- Last year was much calmer compared to previous years.

AssPenny:-
That was because I wasn't there :P
TTZMatt
New ITRCA Member

Post by TTZMatt »

Awesome read, thanks for posting! Now I want to go drive the R!