What is wrong with this car!?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

What is wrong with this car!?

Post by Mikeyman94 »

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum so I don't know if this is the right place or not, but I'm 16 and DYING for a type R and I was looking on craigslist when I came across this..

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1814541625.html

Now, can someone tell me what's is wrong with this to make it $2900!? There was another one posted for around $2300 but that sold next day. And hearing that type R's go from anywhere from $8 g's and up, this is kinda confusing me. :?

Can anyone fill me in?
~Mike
TypeRob
New ITRCA Member

Re: What is wrong with this car!?

Post by TypeRob »

scam city
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

is that the 97 from Chicago?
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mikeyman94 »

Nope, Orlando, Florida. I was thinking, I would go pick up the car and the there's no engine :lol:
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Um, It's a scam.

Seriously, 16yo + Orlando?? Unless you have a garage and only plan to have "weekend fun", I'd advise against getting an ITR. These are a high theft vehicle and thieves go to great lengths to grab them. Simple alarm installs and kill switches are fairly useless.
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mikeyman94 »

LOL yes I have a garage and most likely, if I end up getting one, it will be in it at anytime I'm not in it.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Mikey, let me tell you from experience. I was born and raised in Orlando, I know the scene and all. I've owned 3 ITR's now, all 3 at some point in FL. I DD'd my first one, PY and let me tell you it SUCKED! Being followed all the time is not so much fun at all. I'm imagining at 16, you are still at your folks house too and don't have access to the garage. This is a MUST! Leaving your ITR outside is asking for the time to come for it to be stolen.

Also, and don't take this the wrong way, but at 16 you WANT to show the car off, even just a little bit. Your going to get rev'd on, your going to take it to car "meets" like the one at UCF and west side of town. I tell you from experience, being in those exact shoes. If you plan to get an ITR one day, I would wait for now, and have it as a secondary car. We all here hate seeing a new guy popping in, only to have him back in a few weeks/months time saying how the car got stolen.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Dave_B wrote: We all here hate seeing a new guy popping in, only to have him back in a few weeks/months time saying how the car got stolen.
Unfortunately not an uncommon scenario.
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mikeyman94 »

Is it really that bad to the point to have people following you? I had no clue. But yeah, still at my parents but they dont use the garage and it's empty, so I do have a spot to put it... You guys are crushing my dreams over here! :lol:
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Unfortunately it's true. A lot of people get followed...some have been carjacked at gunpoint. It's great you have a garage...but you absolutely can not leave it outside ever. Quite a few theft stories have begun "I only left it outside one night because..*fill in why garage wasn't available*"

Not trying to crush any dreams, just a crash course in owneRship. ;)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mikeyman94 »

What makes the itr such an attention whore to thieves?
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Mikeyman94 wrote:What makes the itr such an attention whore to thieves?
Picture 88-2000 civics and 94-01 integras being made out of legos, imagine if one of those legos was made out of a color lego that you could only get on a certain lego but would easily go on all of the other cars. This lego car was easy to steal, then put all of the parts on craigslist.
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mikeyman94 »

Damn.. I'd keep heR locked up AT ALL TIMES. Unless I'm driving of course :roll:
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

stick around for awhile, go through old theft stories on honda-tech... these forums will give you the proper amount of paranoia.
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mikeyman94 »

Yeah, I'm not planning on buying right this second. I need work. I only got a couple grand saved up. maybe within the next year or so..
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

shit, then just pick up a GSR
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mikeyman94 »

Everyone says it's a worlds difference between GSR and Type R's. What do you you think?
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Mikeyman94 wrote:Damn.. I'd keep heR locked up AT ALL TIMES. Unless I'm driving of course :roll:
You have other factors to consider, like school, and social activities. When you are at school your car is a prime target for 8 hours of the day. At the mall, movies restaurant, a sitting duck for a least an hour or more. It literally takes minutes to steal these cars in their factory form.

In short? Don't do it. Your insurance rates are high enough at that age without a theft. FYI I wouldn't be surprised if full coverage premiums for this car at your age in your area are above $300. Premiums that high (before theft considerations) are enough to steer me away from owning this car.

The differences between a Type R and GS-R are largely seen on the track due to the chassis design. If you don't plan to take the care out on a road course then you are really paying more than you should for a car you won't really use. The GS-R has a difference interior (leather if 98+) than the ITR and the GS-R's gearing is much better for commuting. The GS-R is also less flashy which would help fight the theft in your area.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mikeyman94 »

I walk to school lol I live literally across the street. But from what I know, GSR's dont come with the "rectangle" headlights. The JDM style. That's one of the reasons I want an R. And yeah, I would be going to the track. I really wouldn't want to do a JDM conversion. I'd rather have an original.
cmdR430
ITRCA Member

Post by cmdR430 »

itrsteez wrote:is that the 97 from Chicago?

yep

http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11953
-Cameron

97' ITR #127
09' ASM SI 4 DR
09' CRV EX-L
Sold- 98' ITR #430 00' ITR #296
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mikeyman94 »

Oh wow. What's the point of even scamming like that? Don't you have to meet in person to get the money from the person? You can't get the money if the buyer doesn't get the car.. ??? :shock:
Shahriar35
New ITRCA Member

Post by Shahriar35 »

Mikeyman94 wrote:I walk to school lol I live literally across the street. But from what I know, GSR's dont come with the "rectangle" headlights. The JDM style. That's one of the reasons I want an R. And yeah, I would be going to the track. I really wouldn't want to do a JDM conversion. I'd rather have an original.
Neither models come with the rectangle lights, that is a JDM conversion and that can be done on either models.

Dude, your argument does not make sense, you are saying that GSR's do not come with the "rectangle" headlights. And that is the reason you want an R. But at the same time you know that it is a JDM style ("rectangle" headlights) and you do not want to do a JDM conversion.

It seems that you want an original JDM type R from your argument.
Mikeyman94
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mikeyman94 »

Duhh lol Original JDM has the headlights I like. What do you mean my "argument" doesn't make sense? I'm not even arguing. Just asking questions. I'm saying, I don't want to convert my USDM R to a JDM. I'd much rather buy it straight up JDM.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Then you don't want an R so much, just more so an original RHD car. Or, you could purchase any third generation model integra that already has a jdm front on it. That would be cheaper, less hassle, and a ready set go type operation. ie, buy the car, drive it home.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Shahriar35
New ITRCA Member

Post by Shahriar35 »

Mikeyman94 wrote:Duhh lol Original JDM has the headlights I like. What do you mean my "argument" doesn't make sense? I'm not even arguing. Just asking questions. I'm saying, I don't want to convert my USDM R to a JDM. I'd much rather buy it straight up JDM.

I didnt mean argument in a negative way, an argument can be a series of facts you are stating.