Fresh Motor Buildup Question.

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
MCP486
New ITRCA Member

Fresh Motor Buildup Question.

Post by MCP486 »

Ok, I just installed CTR pistons to bump up the compression. I have pair of Spec B's on the way, but I need to pass emissions. Will I be ok just retarding the timing and running 93 so I can pass on stock cams? I will shortly be switching to Hondata, but after break in.

Thanks,

Matt
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

If you're running CTR pistons on an ITR motor, that's pretty high compression, you'll need to back the timing up some to keep it from pinging and detonating any way. I'd push it back to like 14 degrees, and you should be able to run fine that way, though be careful about piston to valve clearance, with those cams(todas) you should be ok, but it still pays to clay the head and check any way. Better safe than sorry.

Not sure about the emissions thing, but as far as timing goes, that's not the least of your problems. If you're still running stock injectors, you're gonna max them out. You'll find that out when you go to check the duty cycle on the Hondata.

Good Luck,
Aj