OEM rear strut brace

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
BCNUV8
New ITRCA Member

OEM rear strut brace

Post by BCNUV8 »

I need the install instructions for a rear strut brace. I know they are simple as hell to install but I would like some words re cutting the plastic cover plates and installing the trim. I have the OEM bar. There used to be a fine write up, similar to Trey's write up on suspension with pic's, I thought on the old site. Did a search of ITRCA and internet but no results. Help.
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

I recently got a JDM rear bar (thanks to Victor at VPR Motorsports!). It was a breeze to install, however I did not cut the panels, I left the covers off completely b/c I need to be able to adjust my shocks. Do you have the template for cutting the panels? Again I did not do it but it appeared to be straightfoward just to set the template on panels, cut with a razor blade and then intall the rubber around it.

If you need the template or rubber let me know as I am not going to use mine.
BCNUV8
New ITRCA Member

Post by BCNUV8 »

thanks for the reply jetydosa. did your bar come with install instructions? it seems the rubber trim is not long enough to cover the entire edge after cutting with the templates. or maybe you don't cut the entire area of the template. or maybe you don't cover the entire edge of the cut out. don't want to cut until i know for sure and i am leaning to just leaving the covers off so I can go back to stock if I want to. this beast was a gift and it did come with the templates and trim. it was purchased by a friend from JDMspecperf (Leo) and was a fine transaction.
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Leo @ http://www.jdmspecperf.com 0wnz.

I would personally leave it off unless you are doing car shows.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Either leave it off, or if you cut it out and the rubber isn't long enough, go and buy longer rubber. I'm almost positive you can get it at discount auto, I didn't even use the rubber when I cut mine out, it looked better without it.

Later,
Aj
97 TYPE-R 312
Mid Atlantic Director

Post by 97 TYPE-R 312 »

On mine, I left it uncut. I do however have a set of extra covers so I will be cutting them this summer. I want to cut them to fit both, JDM OE and my SPOON rear upper bar, so it matches whatever bar I run.

Thanks,
Victor
97 TYPE-R 312
06 TSX 6MT NAVI
09 Ninja 250R
VPR Motorsports
Sponsoring EXPO 03-10
Mid Atlantic Dealer for Cobalt Friction, Sparco, Bell, Amsoil
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

97 TYPE-R 312 wrote:On mine, I left it uncut. I do however have a set of extra covers so I will be cutting them this summer.
Doesn't that mean you will actually have to wake up one day while it's still daylight outside?
hondafanatic
New ITRCA Member

Post by hondafanatic »

so does anyone have the template for cutting this out?

if you have an image of it please post.
DeanO
New ITRCA Member

Re: OEM rear strut brace

Post by DeanO »

The instructions can be found on this link (check the mods and upgrade section):

http://www.sandmracing.com/