What size/brand tires for Stock C/W(97-98) Look Best? HELP!

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Ryan126
New ITRCA Member

What size/brand tires for Stock C/W(97-98) Look Best? HELP!

Post by Ryan126 »

Hey, Im looking at getting a used ITR, but the car's tires are bald, so I got to change that up soon. I was looking at different tires to get since I cant afford new rims/tires just yet. What size/brand tires do you think look best on the stock wheels. The car will be lowered on H&R Sports.

Heres what Ive been Looking at so far, but I havent seen any pictures with them on the ITR.

Potenza S-03 Pole Positions

OR

Potenza RE-010

I really like the tires on Sanjay's Type R. Anyone have a clue whats on his ITR?

If possible, could you post close ups of your different tire brands/sizes? Thanks guys!
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

Sorry it took me so long to reply to your e-mail, but my tire sizze is 205/50/R15....there what came on the car when i bought it.....but yeah it does have a good ride height.
TYPE R
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

Personally, I would be more concerned about how the tires *performed* for the type of driving you want to do. Do you plan on only street driving/commuting? Auto-Xing regularly? Track days?

My $.02, you simply cannot beat the price/peformance point of the Falken Azenis in 205/50-15 for autox and even track use. They are not that bad for daily driving either, really. A bargain at ~$68 or so shipped at tires.com. For more of a daily driven R, I have heard very good things about the Yoko ES100 in 205/50-15, which has just become available in the stock R size (195/55-15) that is quite a bit cheaper than the 205 if you are a little short on cash. These tires should be great for sprited street driving, and I hear they are not that shabby of an AutoX tire either.

Keep in mind with either of those tires, if you live in the snow belt, you are going to want to have a dedicated set of winter wheels/tires.
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

jetydosa wrote:My $.02, you simply cannot beat the price/peformance point of the Falken Azenis in 205/50-15....
That would also be my choice.
Ryan126
New ITRCA Member

Post by Ryan126 »

Sanjay,.

Thanks.. It's no problem.. Sorry for bothering you. What brand are the tires?? Falken, Bridgestone?
Still have the car for sale?
-Ryan
Chui
New ITRCA Member

Post by Chui »

I personally use Bridgestone Potenza S0-3 Pole Positions and they perform fine... for about 20,000 miles including two autocrosses and one open lap event.
"The Type R concept at it’s very best. You would never believe a front-drive car could possess as much poise and adjustability as the Integra Type R… Honda must be smiling. It also makes the best noise of any four pot in production."

EVO Magazine, May 2000
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: What size/brand tires for Stock C/W(97-98) Look Best? HELP!

Post by Dave-ROR »

Look best? why would that be a consideration when buying tires? Tires are one of the most important pieces on a vehicle and I'd go research their performance more than their looks.

IMO Potenza S-03's are some of the best. Cheap in 195-50-15 size and more expensive is 205-50-15. I use 195-50-15 and have been for 25k or so.

Falken Azenis are better for autocrossing, but at the expense of less-than-s03 wet weather traction especially when the tread is wearing out and less life.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Reid
ITRCA Member

Post by Reid »

I like the look of Hoosiers.

I have noticed they hydroplane quite easily over standing water though (especially at relatively high speed on the freeway).:O

I cannot recommend that you run Hoosiers if it's for a daily driver, however as I do not want to be liable.:P

Get 205/50/15 Azenis and drive on them until they cord.
Ryan126
New ITRCA Member

Post by Ryan126 »

What tires (brand/size) did the Stock 1998 ITR come with?? Thanks
.RJ
New ITRCA Member

Post by .RJ »

Bridgestone Potenza RE010, 195/55/15
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

.RJ wrote:Bridgestone Potenza RE010, 195/55/15
What makes a tire look good?

I dont' care what my tires look like as long as they are doing their job.

RE010's are expensive, even though they are cheaper on tirerack.com than they used to be.

I don't like the behavior of a 195/50 on the ITR. So I would get RE-010's or 205/50 S-03's or Azenis. Depends on what you'll be using the tires for.
Ryan126
New ITRCA Member

Post by Ryan126 »

What is the most streetable tire? I wont start AutoX for a while. Even if i do, id get a different set. So what tire would be best for street (good performance and low road noise)
Thanks
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

Ryan126 wrote:What is the most streetable tire? I wont start AutoX for a while. Even if i do, id get a different set. So what tire would be best for street (good performance and low road noise)
Thanks
tread wear, life of tire, low noise, good in all conditions minus snow = Potenza S-03. I'd get 205/50 over 195/50.

autox/track days = Azenis!
SUZUKA _R
New ITRCA Member

Post by SUZUKA _R »

I say go for the OG BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE 010. those tires rock, they came with the car and i got them again. i mean if honda put them on the car origially then why not again. i guess iam just a big fan of bridgestone. anyways thats what i put on my R.
Ryan126
New ITRCA Member

Post by Ryan126 »

CAN anyone post closeup pictures of the:
S-03's
Azenis
RE010's

Thanks
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

Ryan126 wrote:CAN anyone post closeup pictures of the:
S-03's
Azenis
RE010's

Thanks
Look on tirerack.com for pics of the S-03's and RE-010's.

Here's an Azenis: