2nd car?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dupes
ITRCA Member

2nd car?

Post by Dupes »

Just wondering if all of you own a second car, for daily usage?

Im about to buy one, im just too paranoid to drive the ITR everywhere, I feel terrible asking lifts to friends all the time!

I even ask lifts to go do my grocerys,its getting pathetic! lol
jonesdx
New ITRCA Member

Re: 2nd car?

Post by jonesdx »

actually thats what I did as soon as I bought the R, I bought a 2nd gen gsr, mainly so I would keep the miles off the R and also for the winters here in CO. I actually think its a great idea everyone I know who has an R, has a second car.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I guess most TypeR owners think alike. I too have a 92 Integra. I drive my TypeR more for some reason....lol
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

I bought my R after i bought my 91 teg. It had an LS Vtec motor, but it was stolen down the block from my house after the tranny went pop!. I left it there for a night. Frocking thieves!
Check the sig! My cr-booger gets 40+ miles to a gallon. I have more fun playing in that sometimes than my R..... :lol:
jonesdx
New ITRCA Member

Post by jonesdx »

I think thats insane that everyone has a second gen for a backup
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

I drive a 2nd gen dsm turbo awd as a winter-beater. No Honda deserves Michigan winters! :P
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
PUNKITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by PUNKITR »

Here's my story. I had a 1997 Eclipse Spyder GST with a ton of mods that I didn't want to daily drive, so the list of beaters begins, I had an 86 CRX SI with the ZC swap got rid of that for a 92 Prelude SI, then finally I got rid of that for a 1994 CX hatch and did the SOHC Vtec swap on it. Finally I realized something, I was always driving a car I wasn't happy with, yeah I could have driven the Spyder but it was not very friendly for a daily driver, it had a 2600lb clutch and aluminum flywheel, not to mention 20 lbs of boost, and all the normal DSM issues, it was more of a weekend car. So what did I do, I got rid of my beater and my Spyder and got my Type R. One car, I'm always in the car I like the most, I never think to myself, man I wish I had the other car. It's better to drive the car you like, rather than save it.......unless it's a Ferrari or something....
Thanks, Matt
2004 wrx
jdm cw type r
ITRCA Member

Post by jdm cw type r »

i have a orange 1989 chevy s-10 slammed with custom exhuast coming out the sides with black irocs that is my winter beater and i drive it to work!!!
Yes it's a real type r!!!
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Jan Niemi wrote:I drive a 2nd gen dsm turbo awd as a winter-beater. No Honda deserves Michigan winters! :P
No honda deserves Manhattan pot-holes! :lol:
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

91 CRX Si is my dd.
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
ITR862
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR862 »

I just bought a second car as a beater (91 crx hf) but it needs a little work. Just a front end alignment and the exhaust needs a resonator because it is just too damn loud. It belonged to some ricer who stripped the car so there is no carpet or interior in the back. Once I get those things fixed I will began driving it to work and back (maybe). More than likely I will still drive the R most of the time but in a couple of weeks my car is going into the bodyshop so I guess the crx it is for at least a week or so. Not bad for $1,500 and probably the straightest crx I have ever seen.
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

ITR862 wrote:Not bad for $1,500 and probably the straightest crx I have ever seen.
I paid $100.00 for mine untouched, unhit, from the original owner who is now 70+ years old... I replaced the ANALOG radio and speakers. And its rollin on 96'GSR sunflowers! 10.5 on the bling-o-meter! :lol:
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

sunflowers as in old integra wheels?
I drive a 1990 civic 4 door and i make my own rallies with it, it's one tuff car.. so far...:) i even did snowmobile trails with it this winter.. only cost me 300 CDN$ so i'm one happy civic beater:)
to make things funnier i painted the whole dash white like the exterior color and put in my original type R seats and stereo so i wouldnt be uncomfy, than i shaved my antenna, my rear lights (middle), my emblems and names off the trunk and the hood too... i just think it looks better without the rust now too ever since i buffed it out:) The insurance company acctually paid me 100$ to insure it at the same place as my R with the 15% second car discount (R discount is larger than acctual civic insurance by 100$ or so:)
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
Dupes
ITRCA Member

Post by Dupes »

This is what Im shopping for right now, a EF Civic or CRX for less then a g :roll:
IdealConcepts
New ITRCA Member

Post by IdealConcepts »

Had a 91 LS Legend and my 00 Type R, then a year later sold the Legend. I liked having both cars except trying to maintain both was expensive, but having a great sport car and a nice soft large car to pick between was great, the R usually won the coin toss though. Bought a house about a year after I sold the Legend and was looking at getting a Sequoia to go with the R, but decided I want a bigger house in a couple years so the Sequoia will wait unitl after the new house and the R is paid off. Instead I will look for a old Toyota truck or old 4Runner to ding peoples doors who dinged my R.
nick666
New ITRCA Member

Post by nick666 »

I'm not sure having a second car is so smart. You have to buy it and maintain it. All that money can be spend to drive your ITR all the time.

If it was a porsche, of course I'd think otherwise.
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

nick666 wrote:I'm not sure having a second car is so smart. You have to buy it and maintain it. All that money can be spend to drive your ITR all the time.

If it was a porsche, of course I'd think otherwise.

I have a second car because in NY I have to drive home with my lights off, and take different routes home every night. Can't park an R at the gym in NY...
The Question
New ITRCA Member

Post by The Question »

does a motorcycle count for a 2nd car... honda cbr954rr and celica gts as second vehicles to my boyfriend's itr
i have s2000 :D
lacmackenzie
New ITRCA Member

Post by lacmackenzie »

fellas, do you all live in Compton or something, its not like were driving Ferraris, I mean yeah its an awesome car but cmon, i wanted a BMW, but need the front wheel drive for snow
lacmackenzie
2001 CW ITR #1324
WTypeRogerX
New ITRCA Member

Post by WTypeRogerX »

'90 CRX si was my beater that I had since new. Then I replaced it with an '02 WRX Sportwagon since I wanted a skimobile that could drive through blizzards to the slopes in winter and haul a mountain bike in summer.
xanctus
New ITRCA Member

Post by xanctus »

When I bought my R, I had a 94 accord just for my daily driving and stuffs. After 7 months have an ITR, someone stole my accord :x. But nowdays I drive my bro's car camry...(fully stock) once in a while...
DAsix
New ITRCA Member

Post by DAsix »

Typical R owner then. I had my '91 Integra RS before I bought my R.
"I never drive faster that I can see. Besides it's all in the reflexes."

'91 Integra RS
'98 Integra R
MastrHU
New ITRCA Member

Post by MastrHU »

I have a 98 VR-4 for my second car, but it will become my first car once i sell my 2000 Type R......Then I will buy another car for a second ride......so goes the cycle........... :?
98 VR-4/2000 Type R
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

I'm sorry guys but I have to disagree. With a 25k car sitting in the garage, its a shame to drive a winter beater. Before I bought my ITR, I drove a 89 Accord by default....I swore ...never again.
In Montreal the conditions suck but with excellent tires and waxing and rustproofing, my car is holding out well.
Don't get me wrong, I wish I could keep the miles off it but with all these cool events....Expo 3& 4 Topeka, etc I gotta drive this car.

I have a 2001 F4i but I still chose the R.
98TYPR
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98TYPR »

Some people drive more than others. If I was living in the north I would have a second car. But since I live in the south I got a CBR 929RR. But I still wish I had another car. I got cant afford to put 25k miles a year on my R.