Which is better

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
integ3
New ITRCA Member

Which is better

Post by integ3 »

I was debating to buy a itr or a Subaru WRX 04 and was wondering what is better i have been honda/acura fan for years but wondering whats better in drag racing and also which one could produce the much horsepower
ballsoutracecar
New ITRCA Member

Post by ballsoutracecar »

ITR for sure.

WRX is quick, has turbo so extra power will be easier to get out of it.

Mates got a WRX and i got the ITR

WRX good low down torque but for a real enthusiasts driving experience, nothing compares the high revving NA feel and handling only the ITR can give.

The ITR will out handle the WRX aswell.

WRX has no top end and AWD effects top end even more.

If your a straight line driver or enjoy the occasional rally course go the WRX.

You want something unique that raises a tent in your pants as the tacho screams to stratospheric heights as you blast the twisties at 8000rpm, go the ITR.
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

The ITR is at home on a road course, not on the drag strip. The WRX Sti has a ton of thrust, grip and generally has a lot going for it... The regular WRX, not so much so. I'd also take a look at the Mitsubishi EVO..
5-Lug
New ITRCA Member

Post by 5-Lug »

Same here, my buddy has a 2004 WRX and when I told him I finally got my Type R he came over and I let him drive it and he said he liked how the Type R handled more than his WRX. He let me drive his WRX and those things certainly have power down low in the 1st and 2nd gears but I didn't get it up that fast to comment on the higher end power of it. Both are nice cars.
natedogg2669
New ITRCA Member

Post by natedogg2669 »

Don't get a WRX unless you're getting the STi version. Trust me on this. I sold my '00 PY Type R and bought a WRX. I was disappointed with the lack of handling and lack of boost after 1st gear. I wish I had never sold my ITR, especially not for a WRX. An STi or EVO would be completely different. I would definitely go with one of those over my ITR.
00' PY ITR - SOLD! (I miss her!)
02' WRX - SOLD!
01' S2K - SOLD!
03' S2K - New Formula Red
98TYPR
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98TYPR »

My work just got a STI on trade in and I was very impressed with it. But if I had tha chance to get it I wouldn't. The STI is very fast and handles like its on rails but it just doesn't feel as good as a Type-R. It feels kind of heavy to me. Also the red line sucks on the STI.