What to do

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
rtype
New ITRCA Member

What to do

Post by rtype »

hello, this is my first post I have a 01 type r #45 with i/h/e, msd ing. w/msd wires and denso spark plugs, also vafc tuned only pushing out 171hp. Been to the track and can't break a 14.5 don't know were to go from here everything else is stock, need help from owners
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

Depends on what you wanna do with the car. How fast you trying to go? How much money are you willing to spend? There are allot of things to take into account. Try some drag radials they'll get your ET down without modding the car anymore.
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
rtype
New ITRCA Member

Post by rtype »

trying to break in the 13s without having to do internals . have falken azenis right now will drag radials cut my time down. have money to spent but what can i buy next that will cut my track time down and i will feel the gain or will internals be the next thing have 50k on my car
shivers
Site Admin

Post by shivers »

Drag radials will help some, but they will also have the potential to be more harmful to driveline parts.

A good stand alone ECU and tuning will help you get more power out of the car. These things along with a more aggressive final drive (ATS 4.9) will help you with the potential to hit 13s ... it's up to your driving to get there.
2005 s2000
rtype
New ITRCA Member

Post by rtype »

when it comes to an ecu I get lost, how do i start on finding a good ecu for my car, who do I go with and what do you mean by a more aggressive final drive
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

It's all the driver buddy... I ran 13.5 stock with the ITR motor in a heavier 99-00 SI coupe than the actual Type R chasis. You'll need slicks or a good set of drag radials to accomplish your goal, though its very duable... My mods where as listed below...

* Distributor Timing set at 18 degree's
* AEM Cold Air Intake
* Apexi WS Exhaust
* Falken Azenis (Ran 13.8's... 17psi in front tires, 45psi in rears Launching @ 5500rpms)
* M/T 22x8x15 Slicks (Ran 13.5... 10psi in fronts, 45 in rears Launching @ 7800rpms)

13's are possible with the motor being practically stock with the right suspension tweaks and the correct driver. I'm not saying I'm the best driver out there, though you'll really need to drive the car hard and aggressively to achieve these times... Good Luck, if you have adjustable suspension, lower and soften the front while hardning and lifting the rear to keep the majority weight on the front tires..

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Type-R Chasis and Civic SI chasis are within about 10-15 pounds. Driver will wash that out most of the time.

171 isn't too low. I would like to see a list of the actual mods. I am gonna venture a guess it isn't a 2.5" collector header. The Ignition stuff isn't doing much for you. WHo tuned the VAFC and what did they tune it to? There might be more power there with a different tuner.

I ran a 13.8 @ 101 with my R with i/h and untuned power FC making about 179 hp. On street tires.
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

i would figure i/2.5"h/e/hondata/clutch (depending on how new your car is)/<9lb flywheel/DRs/and possibly some motor mounts could get you into 13s if driven properly
'98 Integra Type R #363