2000 ITR pricing strategy suggestions?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ITR648
New ITRCA Member

2000 ITR pricing strategy suggestions?

Post by ITR648 »

I saw a 2000 black ITR w/ 45000 miles sell on eBay tonight for $15K.

Edmunds lists the cars around $13-14K.

NADA lists the cars around $18-20K.

Most 2000 ITRs in AutoTrader seem to be above $20K.

Has anyone else sold/bought a 2000 ITR lately? What is a realistic expectation for a low-mileage stock vehicle in great condition? :?:
00civicsiturbo7psi
New ITRCA Member

Post by 00civicsiturbo7psi »

my friend just sold a 00 py itr with 35,000 miles and a aem cai, dc jdm 4-1 headers, and apexi exhaust for 17,500.00 car had clean title no accidents, eveything else besides i/h/e was stock. also came with stock air box, exhaust manifold, and exhaust. car was clean inside and out.
i do see alot of people still selling type r for 20,000.00 or around that area. but they arent selling fast. same old ads on auto trader.
i think around 17,000.00 to 18,500.00 is fair for a 00 type r with decent milage.
natedogg2669
New ITRCA Member

Post by natedogg2669 »

I sold my 00' PY Type R for $20,500 in Apirl. It was in MINT condition and all stock except for an AEM CAI. It had just turned 30K miles when I sold it, and I put on brand new tires as well. I also had the trunk mat and a few other little "extras" to go with the new owner. It was extremely clean, as I take good care of my cars. I would expect to see the same car for sale in the $18-19,500 range now. I'm actually thinking of buying another Type R. Now that it's gone, I miss it more than ever and wish that I had kept it. :(
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

sold my 2000 PY R with 31,000 miles in May for $19,800
FBP ITR#00-0202
New ITRCA Member

Post by FBP ITR#00-0202 »

I bought my FBP 2000 in September with 23000 miles for 19,500. All stock +alarm and pedals
I heart my Integra
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Damn, I feel I got ripped sometimes :? I bought my '00 Phoenix Yellow in DFW, TX, for $21,450 and she had hail damage (not visible; was fixed under insurance by the previous owner) and a clear title. I bought her from an Acura dealership though which accounts for the slightly higher price tag. Nobody else in the area was selling one though and I looked for a month.
Airbag
New ITRCA Member

Post by Airbag »

I bought my black 2000 r with 22,500 miles last july for 19.300.
It had two small dings that you couldn't even see(fixed) and a white scrape in the front spoiler, visible, but fixed...the price is worth the ride.
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

Just my opinion, but I feel that, with such a low-volume, specialty car, there is no true price guide; just general guidelines. It's the OWNERS ie US, who decide what we will buy and sell these cars for and therefore WE decide the true value of the Type R. I just don't think the R should depreciate at the rate of a regular integra and if you, the owners, who really are in the drivers seat, don't agree with that then that's the way it will be.
Of course, that's good for us owners and not as good for prospective buyers! Just something to think about.
natedogg2669
New ITRCA Member

Post by natedogg2669 »

Joe, I agree to an extent. Yes, the Type R is a rare car, and thus more valuable than a regular integra or other cars. So yes, we sort of do set the value of the car for buying and selling. At the same time, there are some sellers out there who are asking way too much for their car. I'm sorry, but if your car is a year or two old, you should not be trying to sell the car for the same price bought new or more. I've seen plenty of people doing that. So even though the Type R is a rare car, you should still be realistic when trying to sell it. So at this time, Finding a 00-01 Type R in the $18-20K range is more realistic than anything more than that.

I actually got an awesome deal on my car because I bought it online (http://www.greenlight.com). :lol: It was a brand new Type R, from the dealer with only 12 miles on it. And I paid $22,714 for the entire car including tax, tag and title! I'm one of the few people that got such a deal, as the internet company didn't offer this ultra-low price (selling below invoice) for long. In fact, I think only two of us got that deal and we both bought our cars within a week of each other. The reason the price was so low is because Greenlight sold cars in bulk (they are now Carsdirect.com). And since the company was new, they were willing to sell cars very cheap (you could have gotten a 00' Honda Civic Si for $16,250). The way it worked was I was guaranteed my price of $21,500, and Greenlight paid the difference between that and the actual price of the car at the dealership ($24,790). So basically, Greenlight gave me an additional $3,500 toward the purchase of my Type R. Now that was a once in a lifetime deal, and I couldn't pass it up. I only wish Greenlight was still around, as Carsdirect doesn't offer those types of deals anymore. :(
00' PY ITR - SOLD! (I miss her!)
02' WRX - SOLD!
01' S2K - SOLD!
03' S2K - New Formula Red
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

That IS a once in a lifetime deal, natedogg. Awesome. I knew the gm of the dealer I bought my '98 from, and all I got thrown in was a set of locking lug-nuts, and something else, ?floor mats?. Otherwise it was sticker, and paying sticker was something very foreign to me, but I did it without a second thought. Good job on your purchase! Admittedly, tho, I suspect that somewhat tempers your feelings on selling prices.
Asking sticker or over a year or 2 later is indeed unrealistic, - and I've never seen THAT level of foolery for a 'R' - but I think we as owners should keep in mind what this car is and keep its value at as high a level as possible.
As with any car, the best financial way to buy a Type R is to find a year or 2 old creampuff and let the original owner take that initial purchase hit. We pay a lot for that new car smell!
natedogg2669
New ITRCA Member

Post by natedogg2669 »

I agree! Let someone else take the hit, and then get yourself a good deal. Luckily, I got such a good deal, that there was no hit to begin with. But like you said, it was a once in a lifetime deal. So I knew I couldn't pass it up. It just pisses me off now because I should have kept the car. After all the shit I've gone through (and cars) in the last few months, if I had just kept my R, I would have still had a smile on my face and more money in my pocket!

Oh well, another Type R is in the future...whether Honda/Acura brings a new one to the market, or whether I have to buy a used one, I definitely want another. Although, I'd really like a white one. I always wanted white. And of course, they didn't offer it in 00-01 models! There are a few white ones around town, but they have not been taken care of...it's so sad when you see a banged up R.
02' WRX - SOLD!
01' S2K - SOLD!
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

Trey wrote:sold my 2000 PY R with 31,000 miles in May for $19,800
WOW! That's a lot of money for a car with that many miles on it.

I BOUGHT (not sold) my '98 Chamionship White in '00 with 24,000 mi. on it for $16,900.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

I sold my itr with hid's cat-back, ice-box and intake for 18k and it was a 98 w 56k on it
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
natedogg2669
New ITRCA Member

Post by natedogg2669 »

pUrExTc wrote:
Trey wrote:sold my 2000 PY R with 31,000 miles in May for $19,800
WOW! That's a lot of money for a car with that many miles on it.

I BOUGHT (not sold) my '98 Chamionship White in '00 with 24,000 mi. on it for $16,900.
You got lucky finding a 98' with only 24K miles! And the price you paid was probably $1,000-2,000 below what it could have sold for! Nice find.
02' WRX - SOLD!
01' S2K - SOLD!
joe s
ITRCA Member

Post by joe s »

Incredibly lucky to find such a low-priced, unmolested '98, NOW, let alone 2 years ago.
Sellers always want more, and buyers less, but there comes a point when it is too hard to swallow to sell a car for too low a price. I have a '98, super condition, 42K miles and would have a hard time letting it go for less than $17 - 18K. It's just too much a car and has been too well taken care of to be given away. I've thought about selling mine a few times this past year or so because my drive to work is approx 40 miles each way, and until recently was mostly highway - that's not the way to enjoy this car. Fortunately things have changed these past several months and I have some really excellent S. Ohio roads to take to work that enable me to do some shifting, reving, and handling. Selling the car for $17 really wouldn't leave me many options for a replacement without putting in a lot more money. I'd rather just keep the thing and enjoy it for another few years of reliable enjoyment than give it away. My buddy will be selling his 2002 M5 in another 2-3 years and that may just be worth waiting for, since I'm first on his already growing prospective buyers list!

I think the Mini Cooper S is a really cool looking car, and seems to be a good buy. When I drove one, however, I was disappointed in its total lack of low end torque - really felt sluggish from a stop. Was fine when it got going and the supercharger kicked in, but was enough of a turn-off from a standing start that I don't think I'd buy one. I'm sure BMW will lose sleep over that!
FastR
New ITRCA Member

Post by FastR »

I just got my ITR a couple of months ago with 12,500 mi on it for 20,500. I took it in the shorts on a trade but felt the asking price was fair. If only Mitsubish wouldn't offer no downpayment, no interest, no payments for a year! Then I might have had a higher resale value on my '00 Eclipse GT. Compared to the ITR (00-477), it was a whale. It had a lot more low end torque, but felt sluggish on the top end and plowed through the corners, even with Eibach springs and tokiko/koni shocks and Nitto 555 tires. It is a pleasure to now be a Acura/Honda owner. Although, in a few years picking up a used EVO VIII would be tempting.