buttons?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
hopofthese
New ITRCA Member

buttons?

Post by hopofthese »

whats up guys. i am debating whether or not to remove my rear window wiper of my itr, and i dont know whether or not to go for it? i also want to know is there any suggestions about what should i do about the free button? i would like to run a fule cut off there but i have no clue in doing so? :D
paul98itr
ITRCA Member

Post by paul98itr »

No clue either, but that would be phat! :D
Sold 98 ITR #0195
Now own slow 4L 99 Jeep Grand Cheerokee Ltd.
Will have another ITR (if some one will buy my Jeep)
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

rig it...

Post by Aj »

You could rig it so your fuel pump will only turn on if your rear winshield wiper is on, that's not real hard, this way it would be much harder to steal.

Easiest way I'd say to do that would be to use a relay at the fuel pump, and have the switched power tapped into the wire running to the rear winshield wiper motor. I'd say no more then like 10 bucks in parts and maybe at most 40 mins to do it.

If you need some more help, let me know, I'd be happy to any way I can.

Later,
Aj
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I took my rear wiper off a long time ago and have no regrets, in fact going thru the car wash has been easier (nothing for the rags to get stuck on).

As for the fuel thing...
I'm at a loss.
but a momentary switch for the ignition might be better.
swed
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

You could do a momentary for the rear winshield washers, just as I said before, but this time you'd need to hook up a relay to your starter, the only problem with doing that is that you'd need two hands to start your car, both on the same side of the steering wheel, and I think that would be rather awkward.

Later,
Aj
hopofthese
New ITRCA Member

Post by hopofthese »

thanks fellas! but i think i might want to do the fuel cut-off, but the thing is i have absolutely no clue on how to do this, what to buy, or even how to start? :?:

can anybody help out or atleast give me a clue?