BATTERY?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ITRacer121
New ITRCA Member

BATTERY?

Post by ITRacer121 »

Hey guys i have a little sound equipment in my R (Pioneer head unit, MB Quarts in the doors and a MTX 12" all powered by a persision power 4by100 amp)with a stock battery. so here is my delima : I store my car while I drive my beater and every time I get it out to drive it, the battery is dead, it acts fine once I jump it off and drive around for a while but then dies again after I store it.
is this my battery or some thing else?
If it is the battery what kind of battery should I replace it with?
I have herd Optima is a good one and light weight? any comments on it?

Thanks in advance
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

First. . . Optimas do NOT fit and are NOT light.

Odyssey's are light AND fit but have very little CCA's. My Door speakers and 8" tube have no problem with this.

I suspect it isn't your audio stuff draining the battery. My 2 guesses would be 1) the battery is low on water and just needs some distilled water added. 2) you have an alarm draining it.
ITRacer121
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRacer121 »

I do have an alarm on the car but it is not armed while the car is in the garage :?
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

How long have you had the battery? Maybe it is time to get a new one.
ITRacer121
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRacer121 »

stock battery and it is a 2000
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

It is probably time to get a new one. Just get anyone that has a good guarentee.
JDMDC2turbo
New ITRCA Member

battery problem

Post by JDMDC2turbo »

How did you hook up your amp? Did you have it on all the time;like the on and off switch, did you hook it up so its on all the time..the battery can die out your battery. Check if your amp light is on when you turn off your car. I knew a couple of peeps did that before and had that problem. If not than Optima is good but does not fit...but if you do decided to get it remember you need deep cycle battery. Good luck.
ITR 98 1162
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR 98 1162 »

I love Walmart batteries. Its like 45 bucks with a lifetime warranty. :D