Tuning, Worth it for my set up?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
itr
ITRCA Member

Tuning, Worth it for my set up?

Post by itr »

I just finished everything that I wanted to do to my ITR (with bolt ons). My current set up is comptech ice box and filter, and hytech header back...The last thing that I am considering is getting a tune with a stand alone ECU. Do you guys think that its worth it?
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

as always, we need to know what you are doing with the car before we can help determine "if it's worth it".
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

BudMan wrote:as always, we need to know what you are doing with the car before we can help determine "if it's worth it".
True, but the gas savings alone would pay it off after some time. :wink:
swed
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Bbasso wrote:
BudMan wrote:as always, we need to know what you are doing with the car before we can help determine "if it's worth it".
True, but the gas savings alone would pay it off after some time. :wink:
Especially if Yack gets his hands on it.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

It's my summer car...track and maybe drag too.
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

Any thoughts?
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Bottom line:

Tuning is always worth it! 8)
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

While I agree with the Bottom Line comment in general and most always (even stock) on a Type-R it might not hold true to every car (S2000 sees little to no improvement).

WIth your setup you NEED tuning to take advantge of that header. the stock ECU turns VTEC on WAY WAY too late for a Hytech/SMS/Comptech/Toda header setup. I'd suggest a hondata or Power FC although realistically even a VAFC would help. The Hondata will control VTEC better and let you set a crossover around 4000 (+/- 200 rpms) and still stay out of VTEC when over tat rpm while at a light throttle (cruising) position.

Jack would be a great person to tune your car and I'd be happy to as well depending on where you live.
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

Trey wrote: Jack would be a great person to tune your car and I'd be happy to as well depending on where you live.
I live in Denver Colorado, if your ever down here maybe we can do that.

I am probably going with a OBD1 p72 with a Hondata S300. Ive heard they are some glitches with the S300...Is it true? Or has hondata fixed the problem.